Image Purchasing Information and Use Policy
About the Images on the Juniper Level Botanic Garden Website
All of the images on the Juniper Level Botanic Garden website or photo gallery were captured by Tony and Anita Avent unless otherwise identified. These images are copyrighted and cannot be used for any purpose without express permission from JLBG. Please send all image use requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) allows the owners of a stolen copyrighted image to require your ISP to either remove the stolen image or remove your website entirely. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA) We have found this very effective in gaining the attention of offending parties.
How to Use JLBG Images - See Guidelines Below
Permission is usually granted at no charge for the following cases. Requirements are that Juniper Level Botanic Garden is credited and our website URL is included.
- Non-Profit Organizations. Non-Commercial Use
- Publications about JLBG or those featuring a plant that JLBG displays
- Promotion for an event which JLBG is sponsoring or participating
- Individuals or gardens which regularly furnish us with images on an equal basis
- Individuals or gardens with which we have an established mutually beneficial agreement other than image exchange
- Personal, non-commercial use of the image
Permission is usually granted for a $100 one-time charge.
- Commercial applications such as wholesale nursery tags, nursery catalogs, website - use is granted for one purpose only
- Magazines featuring plants that JLBG does not currently display
- Magazines writing about plants where JLBG is listed as one of many sources but the other sources are not furnishing photos but will benefit from the use of a JLBG photo
- Gardening books
Permission is usually not granted.
- Other retail mail order nurseries with whom we do not have an established exchange program
- Businesses and organizations whose reputations are less than stellar due to any number of circumspect activities
Permission is not granted + a free trip to an ice-fishing hole of our choice...in mid-summer (cinder blocks and rope also included).
- Individuals or businesses who have previously stolen images or used images without permission